Beef tenderloin is the most tender cut of beef on the entire animal. Its barrel shape, allowing for a clean and elegant presentation, has made beef tenderloin a staple on fine-dining menus around the world, and for good reason. Its many fans and short supply make the filet mignon the most expensive option in the world of beef, but at Buzz we've helped many restaurant operators find ways to offer this sought-after item in a way and at a price point that works for their customers. Among the options for presenting beef tenderloin are the following:
- Center-Cut Filet Mignon, any size.
- Chateaubriand, a true barrel-cut, double-filet.
- Whole tenderloins for roasting, including "Steak Ready" or "Roast Ready" tenders with the fat and silver skin already peeled and cleaned.
- Tenderloin tips and tails for tender, low-cost offerings.
- 4oz petite filets and 2-3oz medallions.